Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Study Jams



Today I learned about a fun site called Study Jams.  Study Jams is a Scholastic website designed to help elementary school students learn and review math and science information through songs and videos.  I know my students always came to life when using songs and videos!   Often, we would learn a song like the ones on Study Jams, would practice singing it, then would video it and share it with parents.  The kids loved it!

To use Study Jams students search for a topic in the math or science category. Each Study Jam offers a short tutorial on that topic in the form of a video, slideshow, or song. When there is a song available Study Jams provides a karaoke format for kids to sing along if they like.

Let me know if you want a direct link to a study jam or I can find a song that would fit your curriculum!

No comments:

Post a Comment