Wednesday, May 15, 2013

GeoGuessr


One of my favorite primary friends shared a new game with me this week called, GeoGuessr.   She thought that would be more appropriate for intermediate grades... which I would agree with, but I think you will enjoy it as well. 

GeoGuessr is a geography game which takes you on a journey around the world and challenges your ability to recognize your surroundings.   It shows you a random street corner somewhere in the world using Google Street View images. Your goal is to figure out where you are, using only the cues in the Street View images. Then place your guess on a map. The closer you are to the actual location, the higher you score.




This would be a great way to start a Social Studies class, have on the board in the morning or before lunch, or a great social studies activity.  Enjoy!

If you want to challenge us with your score or your classes' score, send it to me and I'll post a leader board in my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment