Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Poetry Month!

Welcome back! I hope that everyone had a restful and relaxing spring break! As we return to school on April 1st, I thought it would be fun to share a few great resources to kick off poetry month!

For my primary friends, below is a great video by Disney Jr.

For my intermediate friends, here is a great blog post from the blog, All Things Upper Elementary.

All Things Upper Elementary

In the lesson she describes taking poems from famous authors and poets, such as Edgar Allen Poe, Walt Whitman, Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, etc. and using them in your cooperative lesson.  Definitely worth reading about if you are interested in incorporating some of these greats into your lesson!

Of course, we also are lucky to have our fabulous LIS, Ms. D, who I'm sure would be more than happy to help you use poetry in your classroom.  Just ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment