Monday, January 28, 2013

Something fishy is going on here...


Gulp, it's Monday. Here's a snappy little gif of our goosefish snarfing down a shrimp. Learn more about this incredible lady and see video of the beautiful egg veil she lays here: http://goo.gl/t7VaQ #oceans   #animals  #gif  

The New England Aquarium's status caught my eye this morning as I was scrolling on my Google+ page.  It seemed a little scary to me but also prompted me to check out his goosefish a little bit further.   I'm so glad that I did as the New England Aquarium has some amazing images and videos of many different ocean animals.   I know that the 2nd graders are starting, or have just started oceans, however, how cool would this be to show your students?   These real images and videos of their exhibits and animals could really bring the ocean to life your classroom.   This could be great for the 2nd graders ocean unit, or great images to extend another story that includes ocean animals, great research tool, or an exciting writing prompt.   Be sure to check the New England Aquarium out here

No comments:

Post a Comment