Thursday, September 19, 2013

Math Rocks!

Today I received an email from the W.B. Goodwin Community Center's mentoring program.  They stumbled upon an old web page that I had created my first year at Roosevelt to share some math resources.  The students in the program really liked some of the games and resources that I had shared, and they wanted to share a fun one with me!   Upon looking at it, I thought is was an awesome resource to share on my blog here!

Now for the new site from my new friends at the W.B. Goodwin Community Center...  Online Math Calculators!  This site upon first glance doesn't look too flashy or engaging, however, once you scroll down and start looking at all of the awesome calculator links that they have, you'll be hooked!  With almost 30 different calculators, it's a great tool to explore with your students.   Some of my favorites include:
There's so many more where those came from too!  Be sure to check out the Online Math Calculators with your students!   Thanks again to the students at the W.B. Goodwin Community Center for sharing this awesome resource with me!

Oh, and if you are looking for a refresher on the resources I shared a few years ago, check them out below!

  • Khan Academy - modeling of math algorithms & practice exercises
  • Study Island - differentiated practice & reteaching
  • IXL - Subscription Required - however, sign up for a 30 day free trial!   Great site to practice math skills.  
  • National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - collection of manipulatives by grade level to help illustrate math concepts.
  • CCC SMART Math - a collection of interactive lessons to help students understand math concepts.
  • SMART Exchange - Look for teacher created interactive lessons for use with your SMART Board.  The best part is, if you don't have a SMART Board you can still use them!


No comments:

Post a Comment