Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Techy Terms Tuesday - Sixth Edition

Welcome to the sixth edition of Techy Terms Tuesday!

Do you remember in the fall, taking the Level of Teaching Innovation (LoTi)?  I know it was the week of conferences, and we had some log in issues, however, the LoTi is meant to help give you some areas to improve on in your teaching.  One of the biggest complaints I received about the LoTi was the complex "techy" vocabulary used in the survey.   Since we will be taking the survey again soon, I thought it might be a great idea to transform some of the complex language into teacher friendly terms - as I think we are all super innovative educators - and I know that will be reflected in the upcoming survey!  

This weeks question I'm picking apart: I employ learner-centered strategies to address the diverse needs of all students using developmentally appropriate digital tools or enriched resources.

Simply put:

This is a question about using digital tools for differentiation. When your students are using digital tools, do they all do the exact same work, or does it fit their learning needs?


Many digital tools are specifically built to differentiate such as RAZ Kids, Study Island, and Agnitus. Other digital tools lends themselves well to differentiation, such as Google Drawing, Presentation, Animoto, Glogster, and many, many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment